1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone see Norbit?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by da_grand_pubah, Feb 12, 2007.

1. I did over the weekend and it was hilarious. I'd laugh at some of the cuts from commercial trailer whenever it came on, but those cuts really don't do the movie justice. I think Eddie Murphy is one of the best ever at playing different characters and making you actually believe him and Norbit, to me, may be his best example. Even better than his Nutty Professor roles and that's saying something.
  2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Black guys dressing up as fat black women for laughs? That's original.
  3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Haven't seen it, but a friend who did said it was terrible...
  4. ifilus

ifilus Active Member

Strong early candidate for Worst of 2007 according to Richard Roper, who also notes that Eddie (downlow) Murphy evidently hates women.
  5. tell richard roper to go stand in the middle of the freeway
  6. But he has no problem with men who dress up like women.

And sorry. Eddie Murphy is running at about 50 percent of what he was in 1984, job in Dreamgirls not withstanding.
  7. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

funny, the white media slammed him - yet the black folks went to see the film anyway and loved it.

goes to show. White folks shouldn't cover black enterprises. There is alot of symbolism that white folks COULDN'T POSSIBLY identify with.

Glad Norbit was #1 in Box Office. That's sticking it to da man!
  8. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Sports Bruh is right that what is wrong with Eddy making a movie a certain audience wants to see & identifies with? He obviously makes great money for H-wood, it is called good business!

Yet, some slam him for it??? Meanwhile, some of these same critics praise some whacky indy films as "great art" that have almost zero box office and 95%+ of Americans DON'T want to see. Brilliant.

I love Eddie Murphy and hope Norbit does awesome!!

He is great at playing different characters because he understands people.

The guy is tremendously talented & I saw him on The Actor's Studio yesterday - fantastic.

BTW - Eddy is in great shape for his age
  9. Jones

Jones Active Member

Widespread popularity is the surest sign that something sucks hardcore ass.

To wit: NORBIT.

9% fresh on rottentomatoes, $33.1-million box office.
  10. I agree with Ace. I wouldn't waste 102 minutes of my life to watch it. It's been done before. Turn the page please.
  11. da el g

da el g Member

Eddie Murphy- Hack
    Scoop- Hack
    JDV- Hack
  12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

thanks for playing scoop...
Draft saved Draft deleted