1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone remember Pepitos?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Unibomber, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

Stolled down to the vending area tonight and a buddy bought some of the new Tim McGraw jalapeno Fritos. http://adage.com/songsforsoap/post?article_id=126905

Anyway, I tried them and right away flashed back to my 80's youth and Pepitos, the old nacho chip that had the cool song, "Oh-oh Pepitos, so crispy and hearty, Pepitos. To pep up your party, Pepitos. You can't beat those Pepitos"

These taste just like them and I will now be buying a bag on the way home.
    Anyone else remember these?

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Wow, Pepitos kicked ass. But they seemed to fade out of the market pretty fast.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Bring back Wild 'n Mild Ranch Fritos, dammit

4. KG

KG Active Member

No but I've been looking for what I thought was called Andy's Hot Fries and can't find them.

5. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Never heard of Pepitos. I'm just glad Frito-Lay brought back the Taco flavored chips.

6. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

My father used to work for Frito Lay when I was a kid. He used to bring home a lot of their experimental stuff. Of all of them, I do miss the Cheddar and Bacon Cheetos.

7. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

In our machine, we also have thick-cut, spicy Andy Fries ... you jealous?
    http://www.taquitos.net/snacks.php?snack_code=220

8. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I always thought a wife-beating drunk was a good mascot for a snack food. ::)

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Shit! You beat me to the wife-beating line.

Dreunc will be very sad when he sees this thread. :D :D

10. KG

KG Active Member

Oh that's them! I am!

Edit: Well, it's sorta like them. It was just Hot Fries, not thick-cut or anything like that. But still. Yum! ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted