1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone read this letter by Mickey Mantle....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Chee, Jun 19, 2007.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

That meddling snopes. Can't they leave well enough alone?

2. I worked at a comic book store in the early '90s. Mickey frequented this Chinese restaurant a few doors down. I was in there one day picking up a to go order and Mickey was on his way out. The exchange went something like this:

Me: Mr. Mantle.
    Mickey: What the hell do you want?
    Me: I just wanted to shake your hand. Never mind.

I thought to myself "What a cocksucker." After reading that letter I guess I was wrong.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, as someone said in an earlier post, if it isn't true, it should be.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

When I first read his answer I took "by the Yankee bullpen" to mean something else entirely.

5. F8vortex

F8vortex Member

Damn I miss the good old days when baseball was a good, clean, wholesome way for an American family to enjoy a weekend afternoon.

6. boots

boots New Member

A buff and wax at Yankee Stadium? Who hasn't done that? I just didn't get my spit shine in the bullpen.

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Best story ever! Mickey was my dad's hero, so of course he needed to read this right away.

I'll always love that line from 61: "I love a girl with small hands, makes mi d**k look bigger." Awesome.

8. Bob Slydell

Oh, and I totally believe this by the way.

9. boots

boots New Member

Who doesn't? Especially when they slob you down while looking into your eyes for approval. At best, all you can say is that old Christmas carol: "Oh come, all yea faithful, JOYFUL AND TRIUMPHANT!"

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's a rotten thing to do to your basset hound, booties.

11. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

The Mick was quite a wag:

[​IMG]

12. Bob Slydell

I just tell them 'Don;t look at me skank. Concentrate, I don;t have all day.'

Draft saved Draft deleted