1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone plan on camping out for a PS3?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Brookerton, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm over 25 and I still play video games. Not for five hours a day or anything, but I enjoy them. That said, I ain't plunking down $600 for any system. The ol' PS2 will have to do.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Well said, big difference between $149 (what I paid for my Xbox) and $600 (or even $400).

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Hell, some new games are coming out for $19/$29 for the PS2. I don't think the PS2 will be phased out like the PS1 was. I just don't see enough people wanting to pay that much more money for a game system.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey Cosmo nice side saddle. Good to see you jumping to the correct side in the Seinfeld-Simpsons debate! :D :D

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Homer celebrates Festivus too, ya know?

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

You had to go and ruin it didn't you? :D

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

It's another Festivus miracle!

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

This was the last video game I played:

[​IMG]

Have I missed anything since?

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Thanks to NAFTA, we have Nachotime and Poutinetime

10. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

saw folks at target already camped out... can't imagine

i'll be interested to play the wii. it looks pretty cool. next gen may be a 360. the ps3 just has too much going against it

and the 360 is going to have guitar hero ii (even though i'll probably just buy it for the ps2 and hold on)

11. XXXX

XXXX Member

heres the thing i don't get. xbox 360 came out last year for 600 dollars; now you can get it for 300-400. im in the age range that are expected to buy ps3, but i won't get the system for at least a year. $600 is TOO much and i am addicted to the thing.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

The XBox 360 wasn't $600. It was $400.

Draft saved Draft deleted