1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone plan on camping out for a PS3?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Brookerton, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Brookerton

Brookerton Member

The Playstation 3 come out Friday. Anyone planning on camping out for one? I'm thinking of getting one and then flipping it, so I can make some Christmas money.
    The local Wal Mart already has people waiting in line and I think Best Buy might be busy, so I plan to head to Target and camp out there.

Anyone ever camped outside of a store? Any suggestions?

2. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Go now. Footage on local news last night had peeps already out. And it's effing cold here.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Camping outside a store for three nights to get a video game system?

You want a spoiler? Here's a spoiler: You will die alone.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Yes - get a life.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

We got one fucked up country.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

If you don't line up early for a PS3, then the terrorists have won. ;D

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Brook,

Is it possible you could make more money doing something other than waiting in line for three days? You'd probably net about 2 bucks an hour for your trouble, if you are lucky.

8. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

9. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

I stopped by my local Best Buy last night before my rec league basketball game to pick up the new John Legend CD. As I walked in I noticed a few losers dudes camping out. I was confused. Then I saw the PS3 comes out in THREE days. I thought, "No way could they be waiting for this."
    Turns out they are... Holy shit!

A few things come to mind:
    1. This damn thing is $600, how can you afford it if you're sitting outside for three days and not working?
    2. I understand the joys of video games. Where else can the Browns be a Super Bowl contender? But is this really necessary? They will make more, won't they?
    3. Did I leave the oven on?
    4. Have these guys ever seen a naked woman?

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I dunno. Does Laura Croft get nekkid in the Tomb Raider games?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A lot of people are flipping PS3s for a quick buck. The $600 packages are going for more than $2,000 on eBay. If you've got the free time, camping out for three days for a $1,400 profit doesn't sound too bad.

12. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

There will never be a PS2, PS3, XBox, Nintendo or any other game system in my house. One of the tiny little lines in the sand I've drawn.

Draft saved Draft deleted