1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone on here had a hernia?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jeremy Goodwin, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

I've got one and am having surgery soon to repair it. The doctor said I'd need 3-5 days for recovery because of pain / not supposed to drive with the pain meds they are going to give me. Any of you had one? If so, how was the recovery? Right now I'm not in pain, but I'm assuming I will be after the surgery for those 3-5 days.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

So when you turned your head and coughed, your doctor didn't like what he felt, eh?

3. Jeremy Goodwin

No coughing, but the doc didn't like what he felt. I have faulty gonads. :-[ Gonads hehehehehe :D

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Sorry about your balls, dude. You should send DocTalk a PM.

5. Jeremy Goodwin

Thanks. I was pondering PMing him. I probably will sometime soon.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My dad was couch bound for about two weeks after he had hernia surgery.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So you were pondering what Doc was pondering? POIT!

8. BertoltBrecht

BertoltBrecht Member

My cat had two. That's $450. The hardest part was getting the little fucker to cough.

9. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

No biggie. Just take it easy for a few days (you'll have no choice, really).

I made a big hit at parties showing off my scar.

10. shecky

shecky Member

Had the surgery a little more than a month ago. It was my seventh surgery of some sort or another, and by far the worst. Not pain wise, but it was a bitch to rebound from. Couldn't move too well for 4-5 days afterward. I had disc surgery a few years back and was back out running two weeks later. I just resumed running a week ago after the hernia surgery.
    At the risk of scaring you, it's more annoying than anything. You go into the hospital feeling fine and come out feeling like shit.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I had one and got very lucky because I didn't have to have surgery... A friend who did was on the couch for about 10 days...

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I'm 38 and its been about 36-37 years since I've had a hernia so I don't remember much about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted