1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone notice the SJ home page?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If you look at the bottom, there's an Our Brands strip across the bottom that includes SportsJournalists as partners with Free Legal Advice, Law Advice Now and Snipsly.

What gives? And who is the "our" in Our Brands?

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I always come straight to the forums, so I had to go look at it. I'm guessing it has something to do with the ads that now appear as posts in every thread.

Man, I finally sack up and make a donation and now we get MORE ads. Maybe I reminded Webby how much more money he needs!

3. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

Without advertising, you cannot continue the trend of throwing crap at the wall or accusing entire generations of players of PED use.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm getting posts within threads that are from the poster named Sportsjournalist.com, only there is nothing in the actual post (meaning, no ads).

Is that what you are talking about?

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, mine have strip ads, though, like the one at the top and bottom of each page.

And Martino, glad you packed up and came on by here.

6. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

Personally, I'm a Dapper Dan man.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Adblocker equipped?

I'm getting the same thing as you and my ad blocker is turned on.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

If you don't have an adblocker (ie, my ipad) those posts have banner ads in them. Yuck.

(And btw, is there an adblocker for ipads??)

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

ahhh. I got it...

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

I see what you did there..... ;D

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

If you slide your mouse over the 'Snipsly' name on that strip, it says 'Right Articles and Earn.'

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Well, God forbid Webby could make some money off something (or pay back his expenses) for something he's made available for free to us for about a decade now...

Draft saved Draft deleted