1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone Know Where Gameday Will Be Next Week?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but my guess is they'll be in Bloomington for Indiana-Akron.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

If we were lucky, nowhere.
    What a bunch of bullshit that "show" is.

3. That's what I was thinking as well. Who gives a shit where they will be?

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Nah, they would probably be in Lawrence that week for that Florida International-Kansas game.

5. I like GameDay.
    The people on the show don't bother me in the least, and the "look at all the drunken college kids" atmosphere makes me feel good about America.
    Now, that college basketball knock-off, with Digger Phelps and Jay Bilas combining to reach critical mass of humorlessness, is another story.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Chris Fowler may be one of the best ESPN has to offer these days...

I've heard from friends who work there that Herbstreit is a total douche. Never met the man myself...

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The college football version of GameDay is the one program ESPN has yet to totally fuck up. But they are trying.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I went to a Gameday broadcast in the past, a few years ago now. They broadcast the audio from the set so everyone in attendence can hear what's going on. I had a lot of fun at it, Fowler was excellent, and the reactions to opinions are a lot louder when you're there in person than you hear off the TV feed.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Just wait. There's a 10-year-old out there somewhere who can wax poetic on who would win a mascot fight between a Cornhusker and a Trojan.

10. We were at one in Gainesville a few years ago. Definitely heightens the tailgating experience

11. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Just got an e-mail saying USC-Nebraska

rb

12. Mmac

Mmac Guest

Yeah, but which one is more now.

Draft saved Draft deleted