1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone know Rome (looking for hotel recommendation)?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Feb 18, 2010.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That would be great. Thank you, JR.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Since nobody's said it yet -- If Rome's too expensive, Syracuse is close by and you might be able to get a cheap hotel there.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I can't remember the name of the place we stayed on my only trip there so I can't help with that. However, I would recommend looking in to hiring a guide to take you around town. It will make the tour much more informative and enjoyable. Hit all the key sites with him/her on your first day of the trip then explore on your own from there.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

FYI, we did the trip and had an amazing time. Four nights. The hotel we chose was nice, but it wouldn't have been a big deal. We barely spent any time there. We crammed so much into each day and saw every major site and church we wanted to and found a way to spend a lot of time outside walking and taking things in. It's an amazing city for an American because so much history from Ancient Roman times through the Renaissance is preserved within the city. We walked around for four days with our mouths gaping open. We didn't want to leave.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted