1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone know anything about PT Cruisers?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Jul 11, 2010.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Some of the PT's were painted in the most gawdawful shade of yellow I've ever seen. Got one for a rental and was horrified. Drove it to a racetrack for work and on the way out that night, a security guy stopped me and said "me and another guy got a bet on you, please tell me this is a rental." I said "you win, there's no effing way I'd buy this color."

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Its going to cost you around $160 per month to finance the PT. You can lease a new Jetta or Camry for $190 but you would need to scrape together around $1500 for security ect

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I have ... couldn't get approved ... my credit is about 30 points what banks consider good and it's fucking me right up the rear.

Understood. However, I haven't been able to find a Honda in my price range at a dealer who offers financing. A Civic also is not really what we're looking for since we need something with some space in it so she can haul equipment for work.

If I had good enough credit, it would be easy to find the kind of vehicle we're looking for. As it is, we have few options, which is what has led me to consider owning a PT Cruiser.

4. Boom_70

Handsome Harley is trying to sell a van. Reach out to him.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I could have leased a Mazda 3 for $125/month with no money down if my credit was just a little better. Due to about a two-month string of bad luck, we didn't have any money stashed away, so when her car died this week, we were in a tough situation since we don't have cash for a downpayment and her credit is worse than mine.

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

A former co-worker of mine had a Limited Edition PT Cruiser (I don't know what year), and it was constantly breaking down on him. I would never own one.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Go find the Consumer Reports yearbook at yer local library and look in the car section. It'll suggest the best used cars for $5,000. Buy one of them.

8. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Hilarious. A buddy of mine ended up with a PT Cruiser rental after being in a wreck that totaled his car. I remember him telling me a story about getting pissed off at people that mentioned him buying a new car (the PT Cruiser). He was offended that people thought his taste was so poor that he'd actually spend money on a PT Cruiser.

9. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

I wouldn't ask this lady for a recommendation.

(First thing I thought of when I saw the title.)

10. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

Go with the Ford.

When we were used car buying two years ago, every salesperson in a four-state radius was trying to get us to buy a damn PT Cruiser.

They couldn't move those things then. Still can't.

11. Boom_70

The PT Cruiser is the comic sans of cars.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Made by Chrysler, right?

If you want to junk it before it hits 100K miles, then I would buy it.

Draft saved Draft deleted