1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone in Maine?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JayFarrar, Jan 19, 2007.

1. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Thunder Hole and Acadia National Park are awesome. Drop in and say hi to Steve King while you're there.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Close. Vermont. It's snowing.

3. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

And journeyman major leaguer Matt Stairs too! He coaches a high school hockey team there in the off season. He's a Canadian and a good guy.

4. This explains a lot.

Old Orchard Beach is the Provincetown of Maine. Did your parents take you to any piano bars at night? Ever wonder why there were only daddies on the beach during the day? Did your dad explain away the guys wearing banana-hammocks on the beach by telling you they were "French Canadian"?

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Canoed for two weeks waythefuck up there back in the day.

What's up there? Mosquitoes. Lots of 'em.

6. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Lobsters, too. And nice beaches.

And Evil Bastard, Ogunquit - not Old Orchard Beach - is Maine's answer to Provincetown. Get your gay resort towns right next time.

7. amazing beach in ogunquit

8. KP

KP Active Member

Trees. Lots and lots of trees. And the Bush place in Kennebunkport.

9. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

Lots of country roads, antiques dealers, clean air and nice people

10. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

My wife and I vacationed in Maine 10 years ago. We flew to Boston, rented a car and drove to a little town up the coast called Belfast. Nice little town, not too touristy. Ate lobster, went to bed. Next day we take kayaking lessons on the bay from a burned-out old hippie, an end-of-the-Earth kind of guy in and end-of-the-Earth kind of town. We then went looking for a restaurant to have dinner. Wife sees a place, says, "Let's eat there." I say, "I don't know ... there are no cars in the parking lot. Maybe the people around here know something we don't." Wife says, "Come on, let's eat there." So we did. And she was fine. I spent the rest of the night puking my guts out. On my birthday. I don't remember the name of the place, but don't eat there.

11. e4

e4 Member

i spent five years in maine, for school and work. my brother is a cop in one of the coastal towns. PM if you think i can help.

12. e4

e4 Member

oh, and as we liked to shout at parties... MAINE! Where the men are men, the women are men, and the sheep are nervous!

Draft saved Draft deleted