1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone here seen "Hustle"?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jun 21, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's a British TV programme about a group of con artists. Robert Vaughan, aka "Man from U.N.C.L.E." plays one of the main characters.

CBC just showed the first episode. Lots of fun with twists and turns and reality checks galore.

Just wonderin' whether any of our U.S. friends know about it/have seen it.

2. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

It's on AMC (oddly enough) in the US...I haven't seen it, but I've heard it's good.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Don't know what AMC is, but if you can, watch it.

It will probably turn into our Wednesday "What... No Hockey?" show.

As with most British TV productions, it's first rate.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

No I haven't seen Hustle on here in awhile.

Oh, you mean the TV show, not the SportsJournalists.com poster.

Carry on.

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Terrific show.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Hustle the Poster is alive and quite well. Huss and Mrs. Huss sent me the world's greatest present just last week.

7. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

AMC originally stood for American Movie Classics and showed old, b&w movies w/o commercials (think TCM). A couple of years ago they switched to showing crappy 80's movies. Showing a British TV series, of all things, is pretty strange.

8. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

Hustle has perhaps the finest sig on here. The moving Yuengling banner. Tremendous.

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I've been trying to make it a point to watch it here in the states on AMC. I finally watched it tonight and I thoroughly enjoy the show. Good banter, pretty quick pace for a show. The premise of the show (a group of con men scamming people) has sort of a "Snatch" feel to it (it's not like the movie "Snatch," but that is what it feels like I'm watching).

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Is this their logo?

[​IMG]

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It's a very good show with an outstanding cast, especially Adrian Lester. The cons are, of course, far too complicated to ever think of pulling off, but that's not really the point. I did like the episode where they replicated the wire con from "The Sting".

Oh, and the actress who plays Stacie might be the hottest woman on TV.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Makers of the world's greatest car:

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted