1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone hear Kornheiser on the Dan Patrick show?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by thebiglead, Aug 15, 2006.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Before Bob Golic got shitcanned from AM 1540 a couple years ago, I saw him on a remote in Long Beach, CA. He looked, well, he looked horrible. Very overweight, looked haggard, and could barely walk (a decade or so in the NFL trenches can do that to you).

You may want to look into taking him in any dead pool you are joining soon.

2. kornheiser said during the patrick interview that he won't develop the kind of rapport with theismann that he has with wilbon.... said it would be impossible to duplicate....hmmm.... i thought theismann left tony hanging a few times monday night...

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

What's kind of sad is - they're using that great, old music.  When you hear that music, it cues your ears up, and you expect exciting things.  And what we got was a bland cable telecast.

I'm hearing a lot of viewers say they actually liked Dennis Miller better... Ouch...

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Well Miller is funnier that Kornheiser.

And he knows more about football than Theismann.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I always liked Miller. And actually, I remember always looking forward to those ESPN.com columns on Tuesdays "interpreting" (or was it "translating"?) Miller's MNF analysis. Very, very informative and educational. And usually pretty entertaining, too, until everybody just gave up around Week 11 or so, and it was clear he wouldn't be back.

6. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

PTI begins with Tony saying, "C+?? you try broadcasting a game with Theismann's hand on your thigh."

At least he's funny on one show.

7. leo1

leo1 Active Member

like when tony was trying to get theismann to admit that johnson is a downgrade over culpepper? obviously johnson is an improvement over the way culpepper played last year, but theismann can't be that stupid. he had to know what mr. tony meant -- that a healthy and competent culpepper is better than a healthy johnson.

8. ShelbyFoote

ShelbyFoote Member

Wilbon just said that Paul Farhi -- the WP writer that trashed Tony -- was supposed to be on five good minutes on PTI, but the "weasel" bailed out.

Amusing.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

If you were Farhi would you show up so that a petulant Tony could destroy you for five minutes on his show? It's one thing to show up in a locker room after you rip a team, but on a nationally televised show with someone you still, sort of, work with?

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'MNF' is no longer destination viewing. It hasn't been for quite some time, and it won't be in the foreseeable future.
    I don't think there's anything a network can do to change that.
    With all of the college and NFL football available on broadcast, cable and satellite, you can watch football every day of the week.
    Nothing you do in the broadcast booth is going to recapture 'MNF's cache.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Exactly.

In the olden days, you'd get a game on CBS and two on NBC. Then you'd get MNF.

Now, with Sunday Ticket and all the TV deals, MNF is just another football game.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The crazy thing is TK lost his ESPN radio show for criticizing people at the network...

Was it Bob Golic who ripped him or Mike Golic?

Can you imagine being the WP writer assigned to critique Kornheiser? Talk about a lose-lose situation...

Also, The Big Lead is a great blog. It's one of the best around.

Draft saved Draft deleted