1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone have tips on how to self-publish a book?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by copperpot, Jul 20, 2009.

1. copperpot

copperpot Well-Known Member

I've put together a small book (33 single-spaced pages in Word) that I want to get printed to distribute to family members. I just want something simple. Even printed pages with a card stock cover would be fine. My only requirements are that I don't want coil binding or anything cheesy like that that would make it look like a school report or something, and I'd prefer to do it smaller than 8.5 by 11, maybe

I thought it would be as easy as googling "self-publishing a book," but honestly, the sites that come up really require a lot of jumping through hoops, and they're somewhat expensive. I looked at Kinko's and Staples; their products look a little too rudimentary.

Has anyone published a book? If so, what site did you use? Any advice for me?

Thanks a lot.
  2. Try www.lulu.com. Set up is free and all you have to pay for is the books.
  3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I went through Blurb.com when I made a book of songs for a friend. Very easy (even I could do it).
Draft saved Draft deleted