1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone have any luck quitting smoking?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom_Brinkman01, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Get your tongue pierced. You physically won't be able to smoke (swollen tongue) and if you try, it will hurt like hell from the fresh wound. This will last about a week, long enough to get you over the hump.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Forget healthy snakcs. Fill the void with cheeseburgers.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I've smoked through almost every illness known to man.

No matter how much it makes me feel worse, it makes me feel better.

My body loves it some nicotine.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

By the way, I didn't think anything could taste worse than nicotine gum ...
    Until I accidently bought the lozenges.
    Awful.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Worse than ass-to-mouth?

Rancid pastrami?

Ho bad was it. Because I might go on a quitting spree again.

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Also, dipping snuff will really help you quit.

7. sportsed

sportsed Guest

I don't know if they still sell them, but for me Quest cigarettes were money.

For those of you unfamiliar with them: First step is 2-3 weeks of Quests with 2/3 the normal nicotine; second step is 2-3 weeks of Quests with 1/3 the normal amount. Then, with step three, are these awful, awful Quests with no nicotine at all (it's like smoking paper) and you smoke those until you're just sick of holding a round piece of crap that's on fire.

That's what worked for me after quitting coldturkey halfheartedly didn't work, and patches didn't work. Whole process from Reds to Quest 3 took about two months.

I haven't had a cigarette in nearly three years but, strangely, I can still have a cigar from time to time without picking cigarettes back up. Hardest parts were weddings, going out to bars and going to Las Vegas.

But here I am, smoke free.

Draft saved Draft deleted