1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone Going To The World Series?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Anyone in the SJ Nation going to any games of the World Series - as a fan/patron?

I went last season and decided I'd like to go every year if I could.

If the Series features Cleveland, I'm going to Game 1. If it's Boston, I think I'll do Game 5.

One problem (or two): The wife works at a bank and can't get the time off. All my other friends have jobs with normal hours and weekends off, so I can't go when they can and they can't do when I can.

However, I'm seriously considering going by myself. Anyone else up for either Game 1 or 5?

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

If Boston is in, isn't Game 5 in Denver?

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Games 3, 4 and 5 will be in Denver.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

But Pete will still have a good time in Boston.

5. KP

KP Active Member

Have tickets to Games 1, 2, 6 and 7. Just going to have to use the ALCS Games 6 and 7 tickets first and have the Red Sox get a starter not named Beckett get out of the 5th and have the offense try a novel concept of putting a couple hits together.
    Honestly, 1999 ALDS down 0-2, I knew the Red Sox would win. Having a lot of those feelings even though the offense and starters not named Beckett have looked like garbage. If I'm Cleveland, the last thing I want to do is come back to Fenway, luckily for them, it might only take 1 or 2 to come out on top if the real CC steps up.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Denver is about a 13-hour drive from me so I could make the World Series if I had a chance, but I don't suppose I have a chance at tickets so I guess I will just watch from home.

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Going to Denver. Got a great plane fare. I'll be in town and hope to get tickets when they go on sale online on Monday morning.

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

By the way, the Rockies announced on Wednesday that tickets will ONLY be available online now. Initially, they were going to have a lottery and sell them first at their Dugout stores and then put them up online.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/col/ticketing/postseason_2007.jsp

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Hopefully, I'll be at Game 3. I had a chance to go in 2003 but turned it down. (Yes, I suck.)

It's going to be insane here if there's a Game 5 on that Monday night; the Broncos and Packers play three miles away at the same time.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Game 6 has great possibilities. It's scheduled for Halloween night. If it's in Cleveland, it will be played right next to The Q -- where the Cavs and LeBron are opening up against the Mavs. And if all falls right, the Indians might be in position to clinch the WS title.

We can only hope ...

12. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

If you need anyone to sit with or drink with before/after the game. I might be in!

Draft saved Draft deleted