1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone Ever Had Food Poisoning?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, May 1, 2009.

1. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Nice pull, FB. Yeah, the dairy coats while other things, even water, are pretty harsh on the ol' esophagus.

2. dargan

dargan Active Member

Strong.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Better than solid?

4. dargan

dargan Active Member

Oh yeah. Strong to quite strong, like Ben Stiller's portfolio in Meet the Parents.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

dargan is my new hero.

6. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I've only had food poisoning once that I know of.. but I am a world class puker....the best way to ease the heaves, that is, make it easier on your body, down a large glass of water right before you hurl. I mean right before. Standing at the toilet. It is so much easier to throw up a belly full of liquid as opposed to a little bile. If the water is cool/cold, it actually feels kind of good coming up. And no, I'm not bulimic. I just threw up, a lot, in college from drinking. And I used to throw up when I was nervous.

7. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

So, all this dehydration talk has me second-guessing going out for beers tonight.

It'll have been three full days since the worst of it. But I'll admit, I'm still not normal. No real appetite. Still pretty tired/weak.

But I do have a function I was very much looking forward to scheduled for tonight — a reunion of sorts with some college classmates/teammates.

I passed on the first leg of it last night (went to bed at 10 p.m. — I'm usually a 1 a.m. type).

8. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

As someone else said, just because you throw up doesn't make it food poisoning. I know this because I've had it, diagnosed within 24 hours by a real doctor. I didn't miss three days of work, any tests at school or have to sit at home with my girlfriend instead of going out. BECAUSE I WAS IN BED EATING NOTHING BUT LIQUID JELLO FOR A WEEK. And the doctor said it was a mild case. He asked what I had eaten eight hours before the first ejection (first was via the mouth) and it was a soggy Burger King apple pie. Didn't have a Whopper for three years. Couldn't stand the thought of a Whopper for three years.
    Real food poisoning is beyond serious.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Drink some of your kid's Pedalyte.

A big time party girl back in the day said this stuff works wonders.

10. lono

lono Active Member

I've had it several times, most always covering events on the road.

Had it a fancy restaurant, at a couple of hotels.

And I am LOUD when I have it. We're talking "Exorcist" levels of drama. Some have likened it to a bull elephant after getting a blast from a 30.06

The last time was in the bathroom of a hotel and I made so much noise, a women came running into the men's room because she believed I was in my death throes.

It was embarrassing, to say the least.

Mercifully, I got better.

11. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Calgary restaurants don't know how to handle seafood. I'm 2-for-2 -- the most recent time lasted an afternoon and evening; the previous time, I was out for three days.

Keep your diet bland and drink lots of water.

12. I Digress

I Digress Guest

If you can't smell, hear or see the ocean, skip the sea critters!!! Sandy Squirrel says land critters are better. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted