1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone Ever Had Food Poisoning?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, May 1, 2009.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

So, Wednesday night, I'm in a super hurry because we have to have all our shit out of our apartment by May 1. So the wife asks what I want for dinner, and for the first time in about seven months I say I'll grab something on the way back to the apartment. I grab a cheeseburger and chicken sandwich from McDonald's at 6:30 p.m.

By 12:30 a.m., I'm sick to my stomach. I mean violently. For about seven hours. Not to mention what's going on at the "other end." I slept on the bathroom floor — if you count two 45 minute stints with my head on a towel sleeping.

I stay home from work Thursday with the occasional trip to the toilet. Same with today (Friday).

How long can I expect this to last? I was able to keep down four pieces of toast and a banana and a Gatorade today. Yesterday, everything was a round trip ticket; down and back up again.

Any advice?
  2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

it usually last a couple of days but you'll generally feel pretty puny for several days after that. keep the diet light.
  3. taller hack

taller hack Member

About this time last year I got it from some bad fish. Missed two days of work. Ginger ale and popsicles helped settle my stomach. Good Luck.
  4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Pete, didn't you say you got sick the last time you had fast-food because you rarely eat it.

How bad is it that I know your fast food eating habits?
  5. txsportsscribe

6. Same thing happened to me senior year of high school, also from McDonald's. Missed three days of school, including my AP Calc test.
  7. Grimace

Grimace Guest

How do you know it was the McDonald's? It could have been something else. Did you wash your hands properly? Don't be so quick blame.

You too.
  8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Yeah, and it turned out really to be some sort of prelude to appendicitis.

When you finally do vomit in these instances -- what is the word, joy?
  9. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Don't worry -- it's probably just swine flu.
  10. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I got violently ill after eating at Taco Del Mar.
  11. txsportsscribe

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

If it makes you feel better, Grimace, I had the same thing happen to me a couple years ago after eating a chicken sandwich at Wendy's.

Pete, if I recall, the "in-and-out" system flush lasted about 48 hours. Then I was cautious with my diet for about another day before I returned to my hearty-eating ways.

It's no fun, but hang in there.
Draft saved Draft deleted