1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone else trying to travel today?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by amraeder, Feb 2, 2015.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I'm trying to get out of Madison, WI today. No luck. 2:00 flight cancelled. Now, 4:20 flight cancelled. Can't get anything out of Milwaukee, either. Seems like the flights heading west (Minn and Denver) and to Texas are fine. But going east isn't working out so well for anyone.

Anyone else having issues and want to commiserate?

(The good news is work handles all the bookings, and they're pretty great at it. So if it's possible to get out, I will. Plus, less stress for me.)

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I'm only traveling to work. (You know how my drive is.) So I can't commiserate too much.

But I have at least one friend stranded in Chicago after the American Library Association midwinter conference. Why you don't have a midwinter conference somewhere warm, I don't know. But that's what you get.

3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

OK, now changing airlines. Ticketed for a 5:00 departure through MSP. Hope all goes well with that one.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

My advice to you ... is to start drinking heavily.

Draft saved Draft deleted