1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone else see "The Fighter?"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ringer, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Your entire post leaves me wondering who the hell you think you are.

2. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Just saw the movie and agree with this take across the board

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Saw it. Loved it.

Amy Adams is mesmerizing. She's perfect. If she doesn't win the Oscar, it's a travesty.

I agree about Leo's performance being a little too showy.

Great movie. Whoever would have guessed that Marky Mark would turn into one of the best leading men out there right now. I know he won't get the Oscar consideration that Adams and Bale will, but he's turned into a very, very good actor.

4. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

I think the ensemble acting with Wahlburg maybe an exception was the strongest since the original Rocky

5. Mizzougrad96

I thought Wahlberg was great. It wasn't a role that was as showy as Bale's, Adams' and Leo's.

6. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

It felt to me like Mark wasn't playing a character and was just being himself.

7. Mizzougrad96

The role wasn't much of a stretch, but he was still good.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

As HC pointed out after we had seen it, Wahlberg's role was a little more difficult than it appears. He has to be slightly more understated than the other characters.

And I don't think Leo was showy or over the top. I think she perfectly captured character from that particular background This is not a Junior League social milieu.

I'm sorry she didn't win Best Actress for "Frozen River" but that movie was so un-Hollywood probably half the Academy didn't even see it .

9. Mizzougrad96

I don't think I had ever heard of Adams until I saw Junebug and she was just amazing in that. The Disney movie she did was surprisingly good. She was great in Doubt. She was annoying in Julie and Julia, but was supposed to be.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I enjoyed her in Talladega Nights.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I liked Adams in 'Sunshine Cleaners', too.
    Not a great movie, but good, and interesting.

12. Mizzougrad96

I thought that movie was great.

I sat next to a guy at a wedding whose job was crime scene cleanups. He made six figures a year and worked about 20 hours a week.

Draft saved Draft deleted