1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone else read old threads here and get sad?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by typefitter, May 22, 2019.

1. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I always looked at, and even purposely looked up, old threads and posts (of my own, and other people's, that I liked and thought were good) quite often. Until the search function broke...:).

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

At 49, I'm much more secure and confident with where my life is headed. I've been married for well over 10 years now, and I am happy.

I'm honestly starting to look forward to retiring in 10 years or so and starting something else. I'm not striving to do more, more, and more. We are financially good and a lot wiser with our money.

What's really funny is, I don't want more and more stuff. I'm happy with what I have. That's a huge change. Maybe it's maturing late?

I'm also saying good bye to aunts and uncles. Friends are getting divorced and a few are getting sick. I can also bet folding money on the ones who are cheating on their spouses.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Maybe not old threads, but definitely old emails.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Good thing you didn’t. You’d be getting asked why you named her after a wrestler.

[​IMG]

6. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Pat Patterson just got wood and doesn’t know why.

HanSenSE, Huggy and Baron Scicluna like this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Wait - the search function is back up?
    Watching Endgame, it struck me how many people in my life are no longer around who I attended various Marvel movies with back when they were starting up.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I arrived in 2012!

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I have waited more than 15 years for my first moderator payment and am starting to think it might never arrive.

Liut likes this.
  10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Might be a payment form in old threads. Try the Search function!

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

What I notice is how few of the people that attended the 2006 Get Together are still on the board. We met some great people and many are friends out in the real world now but they ain't hanging out here anymore.

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Wait. Was that Toronto? That was in 2006? Can't be.

Draft saved Draft deleted