1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone else having trouble applying for sports journalism jobs on SuccessBuilder

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by brojones47590, Jun 8, 2013.

1. brojones47590

brojones47590 New Member

Ok, to sum this up, I am trying desperately to apply for an open Sports Digital Producer position through Gannett for the Louisville Journal-Courier and I keep having issues getting SuccessBuilder to work so I can even file the dad-gum application for the job. I'm at my wit's end here and hope if anyone's had issues like this before, someone can help get me an answer here so I can turn in my resume.m

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

It isn't you. That's what I was referring to earlier. When you go through Gannett's website, it takes you to a log-in screen where you put in username and password.

The problem is it still doesn't work after that. It essentially takes you to a screen where it shows number of jobs available and STILL asks you for a username and password.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

At this point, email the Louisville sports editor directly.

4. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

I was having trouble with another Gannett job through its website. I saw the job posted but when I clicked on it, I got a message stating that the job was no longer available or had been filled. This was the same day as the posting date.
    A couple of days later, I got an email from the Gannett job board (since I had registered) telling me of the same job that was open. I went to the link (website) and the same thing happened.

A few more days passed and I saw the job posted again somewhere. I tried to go in there again and this time I was able to submit an application.

Don't know if it's a problem with the Gannett system or what's going on. Interesting that so many people are having issues with different jobs at the Gannett site.

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

What I would do as well, like someone suggested earlier, is locate the sports editor's name and e-mail the resume to them directly. I prefer the editor have a copy of my resume in hand because you never know what a recruiting service/job site will do with your resume.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

It just goes to show you can't build success with a sports journalism job anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted