1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone else having random posts disappear?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chi City 81, Apr 12, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Darn...I had a rant on that curse word thread that I really liked...

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No, nothing like that. Some of the posts were just two or three words long, not quoted, non-inflammatory, and on threads that had no problems. This thread wasn't started in complaint, but to ask if the weirdness was happening to anyone else.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Well, then, I can't explain that. Were they parts of threads that have been moved or deleted?

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

My post which disappeared was the second post of one of the Imus/Sharpton/.... threads. It was a little inflammatory, but nothing outrageous. No big deal here.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Has Boom's Big Russ thread been deleted and started again? I know I've seen three different versions now and all the previous posts have disappeared...

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Maybe SJ has it's own 'Matrix' now, it's own 'ghost in the machine,' where posts go to die? :)

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Can't answer that. I thought we had it fixed where you couldn't delete your own threads, only your own posts. I will check with Webby on that.
    Is that it, Doc? Are "new" threads appearing on the same subject? In other words, the starter deletes and starts anew? We have a few members who think it is cute to play around like that.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's that wormhole thing from earlier this week. I thought when the thread got locked the wormhole closed. I guess I was wr...

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm not sure what the answer is. It could be all, any or none of those things.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I've lost a lot of posts of late also. I know the mods are trying to tighten things up and will dice and slice if things head south.

I fully support their right to do as they see fit.

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

To no one in particular: It's been days since I deleted a post, so whatever inspired this thread was not my doing. I wish I knew what happened, but I don't.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Shut up and kiss the ring.

Draft saved Draft deleted