1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone else have a TiVo problem?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jps, Apr 28, 2008.

1. jps

jps Active Member

Was on the road this weekend ... found myself watching TV in the hotel room and, several times had the sudden urge to hit the jump-back button on the remote control.

Am I the only one who has his/her brain trained for the wonderous capabilities that TiVo now offers?

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I do it all the time. All. The. Time.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Uh yes.

I knew I had a problem when I had the urge to Tivo back radio and face-to-face conversations I was having with people.

99% of what I watch is on Tivo. Even if I'm watching a "live" sporting event or political debate, I purposely tune in a tad late or get a little behind so I can "chase live TV." I hate commercials.

4. jps

jps Active Member

OK ... never done it face to face, but have wanted it for the radio ... but wanting and actually momentarily moving for the remote with the full intention of pushing that 'bloop' 8-second rewind button ... was kind of worried about myself there for a bit. Especially when it happened two or three times.

5. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

We were visiting my parents last weekend, and my two young boys just couldn't fathom that Grandma and Grandpa couldn't rewind their TV to watch something again, or didn't have endless episodes of "Go Diego Go" just a button push away.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Hell yes. I should stop watching sports in hotel rooms because it's too frustrating without a DVR. I watch games like Lugnuts, chasing it.

But my angst about being on the road and forgetting to record something has been alleviated with a recent switch to DirecTV. Can go to their Website and set recordings there. Very, very cool.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You can also set your Tivo from your computer, I believe.

8. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I do it ALL the time. AA gets frustrated with me when we are watching sporting events at his house and I say "Rewind it!" I get that "I don't have TiVO" look. It's not real pretty.

9. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Hi, I'm Mac Daddy, and I'm addicted to TiVo.

10. jps

jps Active Member

my two-year-old knows that she needs to hit the pause button if she's gonna leave the room. Gets quite concerned if it is already back a half hour and can't be paused. Guess they learn young.

11. Mine does that, too. "Pause it dad, I'm going to the bathroom."

I knew TiVo was spoiling my when she was about 2 and we watched a real live train go by outside.

She looked at me: "Let's watch it again."

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

My main problem with TiVo is that I don't own one.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Draft saved Draft deleted