1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone else cover Madden '08?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Rhody31, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I went to the local GameStop for a feature (we're a weekly). Took pics, did interviews, have an idea for how to write the story, which I'll execute tomorrow.

Is anyone else covering this for a feature?

2. Re: Anyone else cover Madden '07?

Madden '07 came out last year. If you're covering this for a feature, you might want to dig deep for new ideas.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Re: Anyone else cover Madden '07?

How is this sports? It's a damned video game.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Nice for the features section...or tech section if you have one ... not for sports

5. Rhody31

Sorry, I meant '08.

The video game is football, which is a sport, and when 100 people show up at midnight, I think it makes a decent feature.
    We don't have a tech section - again, weekly paper - but being how this is a sports-related game, it would fit for sports.
    Last time I checked, games get play in sports sections, right?

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Not video games. But it's your section. Do what you like.

7. Rhody31

My feeling was this is more fun than writing a rec league feature ... although I already did one of those tonight

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

What Doc said.

waiting for board to crash!

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

You know your market better than we do, so if that works for you ... it's all good.

10. Seems more like a "Lifestyles" feature, but if your paper is that small and you think it works best in Sports, then go nuts.

11. In Cold Blood

In Cold Blood Member

I didn't cover it, but as soon as payday roles around, I'll be wasting large chunks of my off time playing it.

12. Pilot

Pilot Active Member

I'd have used it in my weekly section, but for the first time in three months I have actual prep sports to preview and write about so I didn't even consider it.

Two or three weeks ago and I would have made it a lead package though. Ah summer, I still can't decide whether I love thee or hate thee ...

Draft saved Draft deleted