1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone else bothered by this?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mark2010, Jan 28, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Blanket form e-mail, type all the recipient's addresses in the BCC box, press send.

2. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

Can't they outsource it India?

3. gretchd

gretchd Member

I understand why they can't call everyone back, but there's not much I find more depressing than applying for job after job after job and just never hearing back.

Say no if you're going to, but say SOMETHING.

4. What gets me even more than that is when you take the time, after sending a resume/clips packet and hearing nothing, to contact them and inquire whether they received your stuff and if the position is still open, etc., and you STILL hear nothing. A quick Y/N isn't really THAT hard and time-consuming, is it?

The only place in my three months of searching that I've actually heard back from, apart from the one place I've interviewed with, was a newspaper with an automated "we've received your resume/application" (the process was done online through their site" and then a few days later, another automated "thanks for applying, but we've decided to go with someone else." While I was disappointed, I was glad and THANKFUL to get the email because at least I could cross them off my list.

Funny enough, the only other places I've been able to cross off have been by checking in the Jobs threads here and hearing about the various hiring freezes, and the one or two times someone was actually hired.

Draft saved Draft deleted