1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone catch Cowherd's show?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I only caught a minute of his show today. He said he and his listeners made a website crash in less than 90 seconds. Said it was a "sports journalism" website.

What was it, anybody know?

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

No, and I never will.

3. Lugnuts

So I'm guessing it wasn't us, right?

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

To be fair, a sneeze can make this Web site crash in less than 90 seconds.

5. I did hear the part where Cowherd said he didn't do anything about the death of Eddie Robinson because he doesn't do history, that history's for "the professors and the Learning Channel" and that his job is to "entertain."
    Yes, history can't be entertaining. That's why David McCulloch and Ken Burns are selling apples on the sidewalk.
    Tool.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Cowherd needs to have his ass beat. Repeatedly.

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

He spends more time than any talk-show host explaining why he doesn't talk about something. If, instead, he spent that time talking about the subject, he'd actually be adding something to his show.

8. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Well, he told his listeners to all go to The Big Lead at once...kind of a silly move.

9. Lugnuts

Yeah, it's kind of silly, but it's an interesting experiment.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Got to agree, Colin's like that smart-ass kid in junior high who everybody was waiting to get his ass kicked.

Of course, I feel the same way about J.T. Talk about speaking down to your audience.

11. Finally.
    A bipartisan proposal.

12. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I caught that little snip while scanning past stations. I wondered if I had missed a crash, too.

And, as a matter of disclosure, I like listening to Cowherd most of the time. Not all the time, but most of the time. He beats the hell out of Dan Patrick, the local goofs or most everything else in terms of sports radio.

So count me, again, as against the norm here -- as if that's a scarlet letter. ;)

Edit: so it was The Big Lead, eh?

Draft saved Draft deleted