1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone bought a domain name?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Iron_chet, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I am thinking of buying a domain name that could be used at the company where I work.

Does anyone have any recommendations on who to use? Is it as simple as going to Go Daddy and buying it?

2. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

ive had one. bought through go daddy, and the buying part pretty easy to do.

they also have some webhosting stuff, but we used hostgator because we bought several domains and they had the best price for multiple hosts.

3. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I've bought four or five, all through GoDaddy, and it's a really simple process. And GoDaddy is about the cheapest place to do it. I haven't used any of its other services like web hosting, but the domain name buying experience was fine.

4. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

GoDaddy administers 2 of the 3 domains I own (ixwebhosting the other). Pretty simple process, and if you're not web-savvy, they'll do the hosting, too.

5. maberger

maberger Member

ditto. fwiw, you will get spammed by them a couple times a month to buy additional services.

6. I'm using e-starr. Pretty cheap and painless to use.

Draft saved Draft deleted