1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone at small school Texas tennis today?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Kritter47, May 7, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

I don't see where in his post Kritter says he was there.
    If he was and he left without making arrangements for someone to call him with the results, then he really fucked up, in this high school editor's opinion.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Now that, I can agree with.

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Hey, I resemble that!

4. Kritter47

Kritter47 Member

Hey you know what? I screwed up and needed to cover my ass. I did get the scores in time for the paper, so it'll be a learning experience to always have the backup plan of the backup plan (which I did have a few of beyond the website, but they weren't coming through for me at the time).

It was my first time covering a state tournament and I wasn't prepared for the chaos. My bad. I posted here because I was scrambling and was trying to cover as many bases as possible at the same time.

The important thing, from a reader's perspective, was I got them for the paper and they were correct. The important thing from my perspective is I learned exactly what not to do next time if I'm in a position I won't witness something I need first hand.

And spnited - I did have the coach's number as a backup but he didn't pick up after repeated calls. He eventually did around 9 (said he'd been driving a bus and it was illegal for him to pick up while driving) and gave me the information I needed.

So to recap - yes, I screwed up. The information was obtained in time for the paper, and I learned a valuable lesson.

Your roasting of my hide, however, may continue. I deserve it.

Draft saved Draft deleted