1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody worried about hearing loss?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Batman, Dec 10, 2007.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

There was a crowd at a semi-pro indoor football game?

2. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

There is nothing close.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

I have 90% loss in my left ear and 20% in my right.
    I've been that way since birth, basically.
    And you know what? It never really held me back in what I do.

4. My hearing's down in my right ear, but it's from being too close to the cannons at an AC/DC show during "For Those About to Rock..."; that and from the music being too loud in my car. Right ear has taken a pounding, poor thing.

5. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

The only hearing loss I am worried about having is from my eccentric publishing boss. Man, he is so loud. You need a muzzle for him at times.

I mean there are some excited people, and then they're are some that go overboard. ::) :(

6. fishwrapper

I've been married for 10 years.
    I have "selected hearing loss."

7. Cansportschick

fish, are you going to blame paisley for sight loss? ;) ;D
    Or you could blame paisley for the shreiks coming from people in shock when someone sees a man wearing it in public?

8. fishwrapper

Tell me.
    You don't you look at the print the same anymore, do you?
    I've changed you life in magical ways! ;)

9. Cansportschick

Amazing, because if I had to look at that, I would for sure have loss of sight ;) ;D

10. Flash

Flash Guest

Metallica, 2004, and Motley Crue, three times. Eardrums have taken a beating ... that and I used to work at a bar where we had to dance with the speakers right next to our heads.

11. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

I have hearing loss, mainly from being a powderman's helper down in the salt mine. We were the last to leave, and when we were leaving the rooms were starting to blow. Good times.
    Oh, and we used the same stuff McVeigh used — ammonium nitrate soaked in diesel fuel. We touched it off with electric blasting caps, though.

12. TheMethod

TheMethod Member

I cover a major college beat with a pretty loud home arena, and I can't say the noise gets to me very often. However, I was covering a state basketball tournament last year, and had to cover boys and girls, which meant I was spending 10 hours a day in a gym, which meant was hearing "Carry On Wayward Son" about 16 times per day. On the second day, I just couldn't take it anymore and bought some ear plugs. I think they saved my life.

Draft saved Draft deleted