1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody working tonight? Ugh. (Warning-- whiny rant)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lugnuts, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Actually, if you want to be a true thief: take two plates, eat about half the contents off each plate and then spread out the remainder (the half of food you didn't eat) over the plate. That way there is no garbage that can be used as evidence.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

At least leave an upper decker in the bathroom to show your dissatisfaction with management.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

C'mon. But hurry. Junior is about to drain the whole cabinet.

4. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Usually work Christmas Eve, a gift to my colleagues. As opposed to Luggie, there is never a paucity of material to work on. My goal in life is to be like the Maytag repairman and just hang out.

Merry Christmas to all

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

My sympathies, Luggie.

I always manage to get Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off, in part because I volunteer to work Thanksgiving.

Usually the station brings in a tremendous holiday meal from a local, family-owned restaurant. However, twice in the past six years they've opted for the "full holiday meal" offered by a local supermarket, which is then brought to the station... frozen. One year they tried to microwave chunks of the frozen bird. One employee spent the next day in the hospital with extreme gastric rebellion.

And for what it's worth, I vote for the Chinese food option. They never close for holidays.

6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Oh, PC, that's awful. ;D

You act as if you're experienced. I like the way you think. :D

7. You can take from three plates to be safe.

They'll always wonder, Luggie, but they'll never be able to say for certain whether there was more food there ... ;) ;D 8)

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'd eat something off the tray, and leave the evidence! Screw 'em. Working Christmas Eve sucks worse than working Christmas night. By 3 p.m. on Christmas, I am always ready to head for work. You just get sick of everybody.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Replace the stuff in one of the trays with a mess of Arby's sandwiches. And have a couple of spiked egg nogs before going on air. Hilariy ensues.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Bar I was at the other night had a promo: "Sick of your family? Join us for dollar bottles on Christmas Day starting at 5 p.m."

I might go.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

What are you whining about? All you have to do is read the news. Show up 10 minutes before air, read, get out! Plenty of time to eat! :D :D :D

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Do you have terrier races or Highland Games in the can? George Michael got by on that for decades.

Draft saved Draft deleted