1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody working the D League?

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by Dan Hickling, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

Might need some QUALIFIED (deadline tested) writers in certain cities ....

2. Jay

Jay Member

Dan,

Have worked under deadlines for 20-plus years. Can work in PA, NJ, Or NY. Please email jayphil@nni.com

3. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

Count me in for Utah.

4. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

You are counted, amigo ....

5. bbb1978

bbb1978 Member

I could help you cover the D-League

Dan,
    I would love to cover either Anaheim, Los Angeles, and/or Bakersfield. I'd have to be compensated for mileage to and from Bakersfield, as I live in Orange County. So count me in, too!
    I've covered preps, colleges and some pro sports on deadline for seven years. I recently covered the L.A. Kings-Phoenix Coyotes season opener at Staples Center for NHL.com.
    Bruce Bourquin
    e-mail: bobi78@juno.com

6. scottdunc

scottdunc New Member

I'm available for Springfield. (Sent an e-mail, but figured I'd check in here)

7. irishcurds

irishcurds New Member

Might be able to cover some Austin, TX games. Veteran sports writer with backgrounds in Phoenix and Houston. Call Jim at 281-993-4943 or email jim_mccurdy2000@yahoo.com

8. Riding Phat

Riding Phat Member

Hey, if you need a game in Des Moines covered, I would be available. I worked in the sports writing business for just over seven years, working on nightly deadlines and such, but moved into a role of Web Consultant to spend more time with the family. But, if given enough of a heads-up and solid compensation, I could head down to Des Moines if you need anything from there. I can send you some samples of my writing or my resume with experience if you need it; just let me know. Thanks!

9. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

great responses y'all ... two Eastern Div papers have asked me to line up their coverage (thus the deadline caveat) ... will be finalizing things ASAP ... still looking for Sioux Falls and Rio Grande ... thanx a bunch ... Dan

10. IanA1985

IanA1985 Member

Dan,

If you need anyone to cover the Maine Red Claws, just give me a shout. I'd be more than happy to cover whatever you would need. Thanks.

-Ian

11. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

thanx Ian, but I think I got the Claws covered (it's my back yard, don't ya know ... 8)

12. grandlaker

grandlaker New Member

I might be able to do some D League in LA. What is the pay? grand laker

Draft saved Draft deleted