1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody Watching "Top Chef"?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Jan 11, 2007.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Been watching "Top Chef," on Bravo almost from the beginning (missed first episode, I think).....

Anybody been enjoying it with me?

2. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I've been watching it. Can't say I enjoy it.

So many of those people claim to be chefs, or caterers. I don't know if I'd want any of them cooking or catering for me.

And if that midget with the hair makes one more foam ...

3. audreyld

audreyld Guest

There's a thread on it around here somewhere but I'm too lazy to post a link.

4. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Don't find this season nearly as interesting as last. None of the chefs are very interesting or compelling.

If Marcel the Heat Mizer and his foams win, I'll never watch anything on Bravo again.

The one big revelation from this week's episode- Ilan has a girlfriend. Mrs. Fly and I never saw that one coming! :eek:

5. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Dude, Michael's gone, man. Bummer.

6. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I loved Mike, and will miss his presence, but he made it further than he probably should have -- although he did come through big-time in a couple of key moments -- and had indeed been carried by others in a number of situations.

It really is hard to root too much for any of those remaining. Not a real likeable group.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I think it's time you two threads got drunk and hooked up.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/35242/

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Sam's okay, and I think he's the most consistent of the bunch. I've soured on Cliff in recent weeks, and to some degree Ilan. Marcel's being weird for the sake of being weird, and now I'm starting to wonder if Elia won't make it further than I thought because she rarely does a flat-out poor job on any given episode (Tom the master chief said in one of his BLOGS! that they were going to send her packing in the catering episode where Mia stepped up and took the bullet, but I found that a little unlikely myself).

From the other thread, my predicted order of elimination: Marcel next week, followed by Elia, Cliff and Ilan, leaving Sam the winner. But again, I could see Elia making it further than that. Marcel's too avant-garde for his own good, and unless he has some sort of revelation next week, I don't see him winning. Maybe if the el Bulli chef was one of the guest judges.

9. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Let's let this thread sink and stick to the original, I guess....

Draft saved Draft deleted