1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody watching The Mole?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DemoChristian, Aug 8, 2008.

1. I watched the first American season years ago and loved the show. Somehow I missed the second and was simply not interested in the celebrity seasons.
    I was glad it came back this year and the wife and I have spent all summer trying to figure it out.
    I should have started this thread sooner, but Monday is the finale, so we'll see if we were right.
    She and I both think it's Nicole. We've suspected her or Paul from the start. With Paul being out, we're pretty confident.
    If it's either of two guys left, they have done a pretty good job because neither the wife or I have legitimately suspected either one all season.
    I'll be happy, too, to see one of them get the money. Just as long as it's not Nicole, who is a bitch.

2. JCT89

JCT89 Active Member

I think it's Craig, but honestly all three of them have been my targets from the beginning. Mark could be the perfect mole because he is so into the game that people assume that he is just hardcore about everything, while the whole time he could be drawing puppies in his book. My rationale for Craig is that he can blow every single mission and people still won't be mad at him because he's big and at least he tried.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

We watch it at my house.
    Mark's the Mole.

4. Nicole didn't even use her book. She doesn't have a photographic memory, so how could she keep passing the quizzes without it?
    And why didn't she throw the one quiz? Because she couldn't, as the mole.
    Absolutely can't stand her. I'll be really, really mad if she wins.

5. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

I've made a case for all three. I can't figure out Nicole though. My case for her goes back to the beginning and her whining about sleeping outside that day. Of course it was random who what's her face picked, but Nicole made a big freakin deal about it, but then she has to sleep on the beach (Alone mind you) and is okay with that? Plus she built a nice little fire (that fire was too nice looking to have been just built by her).
    She plays up suspicion on herself well, so I don't know.

I've thought it was Craig for a while. He does a lot of little things that kind of add up to lost money, and the lovable big guy makes it easy for him to get away with stuff. Kinda rotten though if they used his health issues to benefit the mole. (Oh and when they hand out journals, the one Jon holds up is No. 11. Craig is the 11th person in the intro...they always have some dumb audience clue like that)

As for Mark, the thing that makes him suspicious is the burning of the journals. He was atamate about how much he needed his and it was so wrong they burned them but somehow he survived to this point.

I'm sticking with Craig.

6. Rambler

Rambler Member

"atamate?" I'm not a Spelling Police kind of guy, but that's a brutal attempt right there.

Anyway, I've watched this season after not having watched since Season 1. Every time I believe I know who the mole is, that person is eliminated. Which I guess is the point of the show.

I'm currently going with Nicole as the mole.

7. I should have started this thread sooner. We could have been total geeks and compared notes after every episode. Maybe we'd have a consensus.
    I may do that next time.
    I still think Nicole is the mole, but I was thinking, she (at least claims to be) a doctor, so you'd assume she's fairly intelligent. Maybe she DOES have a photographic memory but hasn't told anyone and that's why she doesn't use the journal. It would be a great way to get people to suspect her.

8. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

Yeah. I was working on three hours sleep and I posted on my way out the door. But I'm sticking with it atamate!!!!!!!!!! Consider it an Austalian saying.

9. Austalians think Wolverine's skeleton is made of atamantium?

10. Well, I sure nailed that.
    At least Nicole didn't get any money.
    I was glad to see Mark win and Craig was an excellent mole.
    The "clues" they gave were ridiculous. How would you EVER catch the one in the thumbprint or the area codes? They were too small to see.
    The others you'd have to watch the shows repeatedly to catch.

11. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

My wife and daughter were hooked on this. I was moderately interested. Both of them nailed Craig as the Mole by the third week.

And add me to the list of those who was damn thankful Mark won. An OB-GYN with major entitlement issues is the last person on planet Earth who needed that money. The right person won.

12. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

I totally agree. The clues were ridiculous. My 11th journal thing made more sense than those. But at least I had the mole picked. And I too am glad Nicole didn't win.

Draft saved Draft deleted