1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody watch the Damages finale?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mediaguy, Apr 2, 2009.

1. mediaguy

mediaguy Active Member

I've watched "Damages" for both seasons now and was curious what the reaction was to Wednesday's season finale.

Was disappointed that things were wrapped up so quickly/awkwardly with little to show for it accept a desire to bring everyone back for a third season. This second season has stretched the suspension of disbelief a lot more, and there are a ton of holes to the way things were wrapped up.

On the plus side, Rescue Me is now five days away after an absence of nearly two years. Looking forward to that ...
  2. part-timer

part-timer Member

Too many swings in the plot at the end with who was getting arrested, etc. I also didn't like Marcia Gay Harden as a no-show in the final two episodes where her character should've been the hammer to the power guys. Also wanted to see more Daryl Hammond. He was creepier here than he was as Clinton on SNL!

Rescue Me can't start soon enough.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I always wondered if the show was hampered by the writer's strike - seemed like the start of the run was a bit different from the end - a lot of build up but the pay offs just didn't reverberate. Still a good show - but it didn't reach the heights of last year.

JNEWFIFTY Member

When Ellen left the hotel room where Patty was, Wes Walks in. Then you see her stumble out and then Wes is shocked when he gets down to the elevator and she is stabbed? Anyone else confused by that final scene?
  5. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

The first season of Damages was awesome. The series should've just ended there, much like Prison Break.
Draft saved Draft deleted