1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody still use Wordperfect?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I have Wordperfect 11 and I hate it. I bought a Dell and for some reason skimped when choosing what kind of Windows software I wanted and ended up with Wordperfect. It is really special when everyone else in the world is using Word and you can't open the files on your computer unless they save them as text only.
    Also, Wordperfect's excel program sucks ass.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Oh how I don't miss those ...

3. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

I still have Wordperfect 3.5 on my Mac, although it has to run in Classic mode.
    The Mac version was unbelievably easy and compact at the time; I thought Word had far too much for what I needed.
    I still have it because my template for my expense reimbursement form is on it, and I'm too lazy to create another on Word.

But since the planet uses Word, and anything I tried to send via e-mail always got screwed up in translation, I kind of had to give up my Jones for it.

4. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I wasn't aware that people still used Word Perfect. I faintly recall it having served a purpose during some long-forgotten early era of the PC.

Out of curiosity, CM, how do you use it? I mean, what sort of applications call for Word Perfect?

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I remember WordPerfect, but the best thing about it was the thesaurus feature. Turned yours truly into Grantland Rice in the blink of a alt-key stroke.

I still cringe.

6. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I cut my teeth on WP5.1 many, many moons ago (When I was still a computer operator on a mainframe) :p

I hated WP6.0. It was just an excuse to make a few bucks while waiting for WP6.1, which was and still is the best word processor ever made.

Once WP was sold to CorelDraw, I thought it went downhill. It became too difficult to use, which was the antithesis of what WP was supposed to be.

7. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

I guess she isn't as prim and proper as she looks!
    [​IMG]

8. Sly

Sly Active Member

Is that true?

If not, please explain the joke :)

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Use WordPerfect at home, but I hate it. Sending attachments is a bitch.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

In the legal field, its still somewhat of a staple. Unfortunately, 99.9% of the clients all use MS Word so its lousy for working with the clients. E-mailing wordperfect documents is much better these days but unless the other side has wordperfect, its useless. I use WP 12 and I love it.

Draft saved Draft deleted