1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody still use Wordperfect?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Dec 3, 2006.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anybody here is using the current version. If so, what did you think of it?

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Works like a charm on my Tandy 1000

3. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Is that the word program that comes with the Windows home edition? Because if it is, yeah, I do. It's fine.

4. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I'm using WordPerfect v10. Works fine. The only problem I've had is that PowerPoint presentations lose a little bit in the translation to the Corel version. I got Office on my kids' computer because they have to be able to share stuff at school.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm still using Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing on my Apple IIE.

6. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

7. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

I think you're thinking of Microsoft Works.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Yeh.......the program for WordPerfect is fine, but if I e-mail an attachment using WordPerfect, 99% of the time, the file gets screwed up somewhere, and they can't use it.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You mean Wordperfect's mail program? Meh ... I'm rather partial to Thunderbird for that.

Saw the current version of Wordperfect Office in the local Staples and was intrigued, but I don't know anything about the current Windows version (a long, long time ago, I was an enthusiastic fan of Wordperfect 3.5 for the Mac) so I thought I'd ask.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Holy fuck. Coffee on the computer screen.

I remember that -- I had that fucking program in the sixth grade.

It didn't help ... ;D

11. Jones

Jones Active Member

I have a buddy who came while dry humping Mavis Beacon against a stack of empty beer cases piled in the alley behind the Red Dog Tavern in Peterborough, Ontario.

To this day, we call him the quick brown fox.

12. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

Wow, that brings back memories. I remember having a homework assignment to type a list of about 50 random words in alphabetical order. My mom was furious with me because I figured out how to alphabetize them using the list command in wordperfect and saved about a half hour of actual work.

As a result, to this day I have no idea whether A comes before B.

Draft saved Draft deleted