1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

anybody play cribbage?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bydesign77, Sep 1, 2010.

1. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I just recently started playing again, about two years ago. When I found an app on my blackberry for it, I was stoked.

I just pulled a 28 hand. And a few hands before that I was set up for a 29 if I had cut the other 5.

Best game I had in awhile. I was way down before those two hands. The 28 hand also carried a 10 crib. I don't think I've ever pegged that far.

Any other peggers out there?

2. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Um, fuck yes.
    Old man game but I've been playing since I was 13. I taught Mrs. Rhody to play, but she doesn't get into it as much as I do. I play on Yahoo occasionally - and when I do it's in spurts - but nothing beats a live game.
    I was up in Canada a few weeks back hanging out with my buddy and his French Canadian family. His uncle made the coolest friggin thing I've seen - a cribbage table, about the size of a tv tray. Bad ass.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

How old are you people??

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I used to play that on Yahoo all the frickin time.

5. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Ijag, it's cribbage, not bridge!

I need to check out yahoo then. Playing a computer sucks.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

As a kid, I would watch my dad and uncle play that for hours and hours every time I visited my grandmother . I always wanted to learn, but never did. Some vivid memories of marathon games in the living room of her Wisconsin farm with lots of swearing and dozens of empty beer cans.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Love it. My kids and all their buds play. One Christmas, my daughter got my son an amazing custom-made board. When my son was with us, we'd play 2-3 times a week.

There's always 3-4 boards set up at his current joint.

I won a prize in middle school speech class. Instructional speech was the topic. I taught the class how to play cribbage.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I used to play cribbage all the time on Yahoo. I probably haven't played in 3-4 years now, at least. But I still have my board and pegs.

And IJAG, get off my lawn.

9. imjustagirl

I'll stick with Phase 10 and Apples to Apples, thank you very much.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I can't believe how many dorks are on this board.

11. imjustagirl

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pot.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It surprises you? Those who can, do. Those who can't, cover.

Draft saved Draft deleted