1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody partaking in National Novel Writing Month?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bump_Wills, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Bump_Wills

Bump_Wills Member

Details here:

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Basically, it's plow through 50,000 or more words in 30 days, starting Saturday. The compressed window values quantity over quality, but who knows, you might have something worth working on further.

If you're in and want to be NaNoWriMo "buddies," drop me a PM. I'm happy to receive and offer moral support. (And I'm gonna do my damndest to get 6,000 words or so down the road this weekend, since Monday-Tuesday are going to be so nuts on the professional front.)

2. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

I've been contemplating it, but I still don't know how my November's going to shake out, work-wise. I guess I'll pick on Saturday.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I'm in. I haven't done it the last few years because I've been so busy, but now that I only work 40 hours a week, as opposed to working 40 hours a week in two or more jobs while going to school full-time, I might actually manage to do this thing.

I have no idea what I'm going to write about...but I'm going to attempt it.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I signed up on a lark. Don't know how I'm going to make it work, but I'll give it a shot.

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Might help me fill my new-found free time....

6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I've done it the last three years (batting 3-for-3), and laptop will be at the ready at midnight tomorrow.
    Facing the imminent loss of my job and spending some time at home trying to round up freelance work, scanning job ads and trying to hustle a bartending gig or two, this year will be a bigger challenge than the past three.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Where were you guys when we were trying to write the annual SJ novels??

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Probably employed.

9. Bump_Wills

Bump_Wills Member

I'm not a collaborator.

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Yeah.... sigh....

11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

How are everyone's novels coming? I'm at 12K right now, anticipating to write a little more before I go to bed tonight.

Draft saved Draft deleted