1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody live near the Newark aiport? HC would love a visit. :)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Jun 15, 2008.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Her flight back to TO was cancelled so she's stuck in the Newark airport for the night. Flight in the morning leaves at 6:30 a.m.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Fucking hell, JR. That sucks.

A former colleague of mine had his luggage lost at Newark about a week ago. And I've told my horror story about Newark from our Cooperstown trip last summer. Hate that damn place. Worst airport in the nation, for my money.

Wish I could help more than that. Best of luck.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Way to make him feel good...

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Funny. This thread came right under one where sxysportswriter said SHE was stuck in Newark. How about that.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

According to the Seattle thread Sxy and Mr. Sxy are also delayed there.

Edit: Meat beat me to it.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hey, she was at the Toronto outing. HC knows her.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Did they at least give her a room for the night? Or is she stuck "sleeping" in the terminal?

Airports are hell on Earth.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

No, it was cancelled because of the weather so no freebee. Plus she has to be back at the airport at around 4:30 so she doesn't want to spend the money on a hotel.

9. part-timer

part-timer Member

I'm still recovering from being mugged by a Hare Chrishna back in 1985 back in the old People's Express days. That airport is the 9th level of hell...with a Cinnabon.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Does the airline at least have some sort of place where HC can be sheltered or at least not subject to the other travelers milling about the terminal? It's the least the airline could do for her and anyone else that's stuck.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

No, she's in the food court right now. She's got a book and her music. Said she might just put her head down on one of the tables.

She doesn't want to spend $200.00 for a hotel --for about an seven hour stay

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Can't blame her at all for not shelling out $200 and I know it's not technically the airlines fault, but still...that's horseshit that she has to stay there for 10 more hours. I can't imagine spending a night in one of those joints. Airports make me feel like I smell and need a shower as is. (shut up!) I can only cringe at how I'd feel after an overnight stay.

On the bright side, I bet this locks up "taking the train to NYC" for your 60th birthday, huh?

Draft saved Draft deleted