1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody listening closely to MNF broadcast?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jason_whitlock, Sep 11, 2006.

1. there have been some interesting moments....

tirico to tk about fantasy football comments: "so, you're going to do this all year?"

tirico's questions to jamie foxx about sports movies that elevated the genre of sports movies were stupid and fell flat.

theismann tried to hang tk out to dry on the 7-foot-5 defensive lineman joke....

overall, i think it's been much better than the preseason. tony is much stronger and not asking questions... i love espn's open of the show. very creative.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm watching it at work with the volume down, so no.

3. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Yes, it's better. Mr. Tony much stronger. Theismann drives me bonkers because he won't shut the hell up.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'm watching, but haven't really been listening closely to these clowns. Theisman ruins any broadcast for me.

There has been some serious hitting in this game, though. Two pretty good safeties in Sean Taylor (free safety) and Darren Sharper (strong safety). Sean Taylor stood up Chester Taylor on one play in the first quarter. It looked like he had run into a wall. And Sharper laid a nasty lick on Santana Moss to knock the ball loose and prevent a TD in the second quarter.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I did a double take the first time Tony talked about his fantasy football team. I didn't think I've ever heard that from an NFL commentator during a game before.

Theismann said you couldn't find really tall guys who are agile enough to knock down passes. Now I'm no basketball fan but some of those big guys in the NBA are pretty athletic, no?

The Jamie Foxx interview was a complete waste of airtime.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, the Foxx interview ran three minutes too long. I didn't need to know his thoughts on Tom Cruise.

Theismann is bad on any game, but a Redskins game in Washington is 10 times worse.

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Try being a Vikings fan and listening to his drivel. :mad:

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I have 10 bucks that says MNF West Coast has a better announcing crew than its eastern counterpart. Any takers?

9. leo1

leo1 Active Member

yeah, loved theismann's comment that johnson is such a savvy veteran that he "has the quickness to get the ball in the air." uh, what? rookies can't or don't want to get the ball in the air quickly? they want to get it up there slowly?

10. joe

joe Active Member

My question is, What the hell is up with having one player introduce, like, eight of his teammates? And if you're going to do that, at least get some motherfuckers who don't just mumble like they got marbles in their mouth. Crikey.

11. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Why did Tirico just shit on Tony? I didn't catch what Tony said about his daughter working at that restaurant.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Crickets.

Theismann is auditory hemlock.

Draft saved Draft deleted