1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody (in D.C. area) heard the Mike O'Meara Show?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Apr 25, 2008.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I never can keep up. Don Geronimo has retired, I guess, leaving Mike O'Meara as the sole host on the former Don & Mike Show. Anybody in the D.C. quadrant (or elsewhere, I guess) heard the show? I always though Mike seemed a little over-amped on those few times Don would leave early or whatnot and leave him there by himself.

Also, how's the Junkies' morning show? Not sure I would want them waking me up at 5 a.m.
  2. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

I haven't heard the show, but I remember there being quite a story about Don Geronimo retiring and leaving Mike to his own devices.
  3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Henry, I definitely dig the O'Meara show from what I've heard. It's looser and funny, and involves the whole cast more than the Don and Mike show ever did. I think they have something good going there. Some of it may be that I've hung out with a couple of those people and know them through different meanderings in life. Also, I always thought the shows that featured Mike without Don were always really fun. Now, you get more Buzz Burbank and others, plus Beth-Ann is back to act as a foil of sorts. It's a lot more fresh and fun than the last year or two of Don and Mike ever was. Granted I've listened on and off to them since I was in elementary school, so while you may have enjoyed the last couple of years, me and many others thought they had gotten very stale and lost their fastball. Now, it's a similar but still different show.
  4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I left D.C. in 1999 and hadn't really kept up very well. It was funny, being in SLC for the 2002 Olympics and they were on out there.

I missed the whole business with Don's wife getting killed in the wreck and all until I tumbled to it on Wikipedia (!) one day.

Hell, I still miss the Greaseman.
  5. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

I don't. Fucking bigot.
Draft saved Draft deleted