1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody here love to cook? (Recipes thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SuperflySnuka, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Hey everyone,

So I just moved into a new place, and I'm on a cooking kick.

Tonight, I made the best chicken I've ever had.

Took teriyaki (w/ wasabi) sauce, jack daniels BBQ sauce, Jamaican jerk sauce, and a little caesar dressing, mixedc in a bit of garlic powder an, someme basicl, and italian seasoning, chopped some onion s and simmered the sauce...

Then I massaged some into the chicken, no happy ending, baked the chicken and covered it in the sauce and tossed on a b half-serving of cheese for good measure.

On the side, some cheesy rice and broccoli.

Wow, what a meal.

2. I love to cook/grill/bake. I had baked ham tonight, with a honey glaze. But my favorite dish that I cook is chicken and cheese. You take some chicken tenderloins, cut them up into small cubes and marinate them in zesty italian dressing. You start cooking them in a skillet or wok, and when they're just about done, throw in some slices of american cheese so it melts over the chicken. You can mix it all together and it makes a really nice sauce.

On the side I usually do wild grain rice.

Superfly, do you buy your cheesy rice or do you make it? Because Uncle Ben or Rice a Roni makes a fantastic cheesy rice. Wegmans is the only place I've been able to find them, but it's a 20 minute trip. I've been in withdrawal.

3. Yup, I bought premade cheesy rice. I'm still too new to cooking to attempt any side dishes, though I might start soon.

TOBW -- that recipe sounds really, relally good. One thing that I love to do with sauces is combine with caesar dressing for the creaminess...

that's what she said

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

5. Not quite the same idea, but they can lock it if f considered a DPP

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's not?

It's about cooking and there are recipes

What's the diff?

7. LOL my comp is messed up so I couldn't see what I typed and I didnt rea;lize I had it wrong.

But I thought that one was about simply what somebody ate for dinner, not tt tips, etc.c

8. HAH! Holy crap, what a waste of a 500th post. I'm honored. Thanks buddy

Draft saved Draft deleted