1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody here from Pittsburgh know this house? Stunning

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Feb 13, 2012.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm impressed by the design and it's placement. I especially like the interior -- maybe even more than you do.

I think it's the way the three parts of it don't seem well integrated from the exterior. MAybe it's the shapes, or the diferent colors. Just doesn't really fit together right for me.

2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

That's actually OCAD (Ontario College of Art and Design, for those not from Toronto).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I was at a bar not far from OCAD not long ago and never saw that. Must have been a damn good night.

4. YankeeFan

I remember that is wasn't gallery space, but is the College affiliated with the Museum?

I think it's one of those things that you won't see at all from one angle, and it's impossible to miss from another.

And, sort of like the building in Pittsburgh, I think it's kind of neat, but I don't really like it.

5. Sea Bass

I honestly don't know. They're across the street from one another, so maybe they are affiliated.

6. Sea Bass

What song did the feature come out to? Pour Some Sugar On Me or Hell's Bells?

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The basic design of a home should be rethought, especially with the advancements in building materials and energy costs being what they are, but most builders and architects like what they know how to design and build.

For example, it's idiotic to have a black roof in a southern climate, and there is little reason for a dramatically sloped roof if it does not snow where you live.

A lot of cool things can be done if people are willing to take a little risk.

8. YankeeFan

This joint gets placed on a list of the world's top ugly buildings worth a visit

http://www.chicagotribune.com/travel/ct-worlds-top-ugly-buildings-to-visit-pg,0,7102525.photogallery

Although some call it innovative, there are others who call it intolerable. While the building's black and white squares combined with pencil-like stilt supports make it look like a clubhouse for crossword puzzle enthusiasts, this building is actually part of the Ontario College of Art & Design.

Draft saved Draft deleted