1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody here a millenial?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I'm an echo boomer...what do you know about that

2. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Wow, born in '78, I'm apparently X, Y, MTV, Boomerang, 13th and part of the "Consciousness Revolution" which sounds like a good time. I just consider myself a child of the Carter years.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I would like to request an immediate transfer into the Lost Generation. Please and thank you.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Same age, STL, but if we have to be something, I think we're X. If you owned Nevermind on cassette, you're a Gen-X'er, is how I think it should be decided.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

According to wikipedia so you KNOW it's true, Gen X starts in 1961. That somehow seems unlikely, a 46-year-old Gen X'r. I think to be a true Gen X'r, you have to kill yourself. Seriously, who can imagine Kurt Cobain having regular prostate exams?

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I fall into both the Generation X and Y categories, according to Wikipedia. But I'm thinking that if you played Atari 2600 games WHEN THEY WERE NEW, that certainly makes you a different generation from those whose first video game experiences came on an NES.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

First video game I ever played: Pong.

[​IMG]

Come to think of it, Pong was the first video game.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It was indeed JR.

Read the book Hackers, by Steven Levy. It's a pretty interesting tale about the dawning of video games in this country, dating all the way back to the MIT days.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I think I may have read that book. Weren't some of those guys originally involved in hacking phones back in the late 60's and early 70's?

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

They sure were. Some group called the TMRC, I think it was called (Tech Model Railroading Club).

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Millenial? Nope. Two suggested alternatives, however.

Millinery:

[​IMG]

Millenarianism:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted