1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody have a Christmas birthday?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Something about it not flowing properly. But I'm hoping to distract her following delivery and sneaking at least one of those onto the birth certificate.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Or, during the labor, say "If you want to name the baby Rocky Franco Hines Wretch, just grunt."

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Nellie Fox.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

First off, congrats! I'm looking at a possible Halloween baby myself.

I had a friend when I was a kid who was a Christmas baby, and his parents had an awesome solution: They celebrated it on his half-birthday on June 25. They acknowledged his actual birthday, but as far as the presents and parties, they did it in June so he got a real experience. I always thought that was cool.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Congrats to you too.

That half-birthday isn't a bad idea at all.

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Half-birthday is a fantastic idea!

So many SJ babies in the last few months ... what's in the water around here? Congrats to all.

7. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Both Mrs. Irish and Mama Irish are Christmas babies (yes, weird, I know), so I'm acutely sensitive to the whole thing.
    With my mom, it's always been a birthday celebration on Christmas Day, separate from the regular Christmas festivities. Cake and all. And woe unto he who wraps a birthday present in Christmas paper.
    With the wife, we do the half-birthday thing (so she's got a birthday next week and can be 29 for a whole 'nother year, even if she's really 30 in six months), though her family generally combines the two into one big happy day. As she's always up for a party, it works out fine.
    But it's double the guilt trips when it comes to which side of the family we spend Christmas with.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I have an August birthday and when I was a kid, all I got were tons and tons of back-to-school clothes and school crap. Although the 50cc Honda mini-motorcycle I got for my eighth birthday made up for it. I was the cool kid for a few years. I could get that sucker up to 25 on a flat straight stretch.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My birthday is two days before Valentine's Day. For the six years I was in a relationship, my mom thought it'd be a great idea to make my birthday present a gift certificate for a dozen roses and dinner for my girlfriend. Sure, it saved me money. But where was my gift, mom? Where?

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

She was trying to get you laid, which is the greatest gift a mother can give.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It worked four of the six years. Maybe I should have done more for Mothers Day than send her a picture of me holding up a sign that said, "Happy Mothers Day."

Draft saved Draft deleted