1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody have a Christmas birthday?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If so, does is suck as much as I think it does?

How did/do your families treat your birthday? Do you eventually get used to birthday gifts wrapped in Christmas paper?

I ask because I'll become a Poop-stained Wretch sometime around Dec. 25 this year. Mrs. Wretch just passed into the second trimester.

It's our first, so in the words of Jesse Spano "I'm so excited, I'm so excited ... I'm so scared."

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Interesting timing. Found out about 20 minutes ago that my little cousin here in Seattle is a 12/25 baby.
    He thinks it is cool.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

AWESOME!

It's about time you posted this. Plus, if the kid's born on Dec. 25, I'll only have to get it one gift each year. :D

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Rickey Henderson does. I've got a feeling he's OK with it.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Rickey don't need no birthdays.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I have a feeling the Mrs. might destroy anybody who does a combined Christmas/birthday gift. She is not happy about the due date because of that and because she's worried some first-year Med student might deliver instead of her hand-picked doctor.

I'd have posted this sooner, but I wanted to have a name picked out. But then the Mrs. vetoed Rocky Franco Hines Wretch.

7. imjustagirl

I was hoping for Tim Worley Wretch.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

9. imjustagirl

It took me a minute. I thought you didn't like my name suggestion. :D

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I know of people whose birthdays were around the holiday. One friend told me his birthday (Dec. 26) was never a big deal because of Christmas. Another friend told me he got to open one or two Christmas gifts early (his is Dec. 24 IIRC). The two people I know whose birthdays are on Christmas proper are both Jewish.

11. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Congrats, Inky. It's about time (don't people say that?).

Awesome news ... there's gonna be a Lil' Wretch running around.

12. imjustagirl

I'm going to get him/her something nice so Inky isn't wrapping him/her in tie-dye blankets and Grateful Dead T-shirts.

Draft saved Draft deleted