1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody Fly ATA?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

When you fly ATA, you're on vacation.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Check with Rodney Culver

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree it would be a huge expense. But it would probably on par with the construction of the interstate system back in the 60s-70s-80s. I guess this country just isn't ready for that kind of investment again.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. So if a flight is canceled or something and 100 people go to a gate agent all at once, will the folks who ponied up the $25 somehow be allowed to the front of the line for their "speedy" service? That should go over swimmingly.

5. Armchair_QB

Wait, aren't they required to do that anyway?

6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

There's no reason at all we can't have high-speed rail service in this country. Not one. It doesn't have to reach every city of 50,000 or more, but how many 40-minute flights do we have in this country every day?

7. Armchair_QB

It'd be great to have down here. I high speed connection between Dallas-Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio and Houston would be tremendous.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

My friend, you are not alone.

It's a wonderful way to see the country.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Given recent indulgences? No.

10. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

And with ATA going under, there are no more direct flights to the mainland -- gotta drive to the other side of the island or connect in Honolulu.

ATA and Aloha gone ... it's probably only a matter of time before go! implodes and gives Hawaiian a monopoly.

Draft saved Draft deleted