1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody excited for this weekend?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, May 1, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

A few things, Norm:

1.) If you're planning on seeing any live horses from the infield, hate to disappoint. You'll be watching on giant replay screens.

2.) Piss in plastic bottles. There are, I think, like 1/2 a portapotty for every 1000 people or something in the infield (exaggerated, but still).

3.) Do not go with any sense of modesty. There have been sexual assaults, at least gropings, girls flashing on guys' shoulders, fights and everything else. Everyone in there is drunk by the first race, so the next four hours waiting for the Derby are real fun.

4.) Be safe. Seriously. I've heard it's like a war zone in there.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Thanks for the info, IJAG. I'd heard most of that already, but the plastic bottle tip is a good one. Looks like we'll be making a Gatorade run prior to heading over there.

And of course, I'm counting on the flashing. ;D

3. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Friday: Jim Rome's 'smackoff'
    SpiderMan 3

Saturday: Kentucky Derby
    De La Hoya-Mayweather

Sunday: NBA playoffs
    Other?

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Hey, leave cricket alone. It has some great traditions, like gambling and match-fixing and afternoon tea.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Take a straw hat, glue some plastic flowers on and **poof** you'll be stylin....

6. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i have a final exam on sunday, then another on tuesday.

so no, i'm not looking forward to this weekend.

not at all. not at fucking all.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The infield at the Derby is one of those things that needs to be experienced to be believed.

There is no more raucous a jaunt through the heart of the creaky Bible Belt, full of all the proper fuck-you-itiveness.

8. And stabbing the coach to death when you lose to Ireland.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

And we wouldn't have it any other way. Erin Go Stab!

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Now, now, he was incapacitated with poison before getting strangled.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Love the Derby. Always have, always will. Will definitely catch that. Have not attended in person, but it's high on the short list of sporting event 'to dos'.

No fight, though. The monthly Texas Hold Em Saturday night/Sunday am marathon is this weekend, and we're playing at a guy's house where we're in the garage for cigar smoking purposes.

12. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

And you say you don't bring anything meaningful to the table...

Au contrare 8) :D

Draft saved Draft deleted