1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody else waiting on a damn piece of Nationwide race art?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HejiraHenry, Jul 26, 2008.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Just askin'.

AP in NYC says "We're still waiting."

Well, no shit.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Ahhh. I've been waiting on another AP complaint thread from ya, Henry. Bout time. We need to talk, by the way.

3. HejiraHenry

I have been at peace with the AP lately.

This might be the first time I have called NYC in a couple of months.

We could have driven a frame from the start of the race back here by now ... if we had a rocket car.

4. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Do you have 14-page news holes to fill? You routinely seem to complain about the lack of semi-obscure things. I can count on one hand the number of times I've run a photo from the N'wide Series.

5. JackReacher

People in my neck of the woods are freaks about NASCAR, but we rarely run a photo with the gamer. In fact, we usually use it as the lead brief on our scoreboard page, as we will tonight.

6. eyecu

eyecu Member

I was waiting for them forever as well. Nationwide art from the AP has been slow all year.

But the AP and NASCAR don't have the best working relationship as far as I know.

Nationwide Series stuff isn't "semi-obscure," at least if you live in the right/wrong place.

7. HejiraHenry

One of those nights. I had a spot. Now I don't, or won't.

8. JackReacher

Nationwide Series is nothing more than practice for the Sprint Cup drivers. Unless someone dies or unless a full-time Sprint Cup driver wins both titles, there's not a single newsworthy item from the Nationwide Series.

9. eyecu

eyecu Member

It's become so, yes.

Unfortunately, people still do care about it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. JackReacher

Thankfully, not around here. At least, we never get calls bitching about putting the results in our briefs column.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I live in what would normally be the "right" place and I would be stunned if they ran a photo from the Nationwide race. Only reason people care about that series at all is because ESPN oversells it.

Call it the Sportsman Series, make 'em use 9:1 engines and forget about it.

12. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

What shocked me was how fast the results from the race arrived tonight. They're never that fast for the Sprint Cup Saturday night races.

Draft saved Draft deleted